Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Monday, August 29, 2005  
Are You a Neocon?

People often will assume I'm fully with a particular political party, either by reading this blog, or by just knowing me and getting into conversations with me. My politics, though, like many Americans, is all over the map. When people actually do ask me, I tell them I tend to vote Republican, but not always; I tend to align myself with Neoconservatives, but not always; and there's hardly any ideological movement that has a real following in America (except, perhaps, for the hard Left) that I don't see eye-to-eye with once in a while.

So, when Father Jim Tucker over at Dappled Things linked to a survey Lew Rockwell is hosting, I decided to give it a try. Usually I don't bother with these things, but this one was interesting in that it broke down to ten ideologies, and gave the results based upon a ranking, and not just "You are a X!", which always came across to me as brain dead. So, here are my results, which is mostly as expected:

#1: Libertarian
#2: Neoconservative
#3: Conservative
#4: Centrist
#5: Paleo-libertarian
#6: Left-libertarian
#7: Third Way
#8: Paleoconservative
#9: Liberal
#10: Radical

The only surprise was that Third Way wasn't higher, as I tend to agree with the New Republic quite regularly, if not as much as the Weekly Standard or National Review. So, take the quiz, if you have the time: you might be surprised by the results. If some of the terms are foreign to you, or you think that Neoconservatives are akin to modern day Nazis, take some time to read the descriptions:

Neoconservative: A "neocon" is more inclined than other conservatives toward vigorous government in the service of the goals of traditional morality and pro-business policies. Tends to favor a very strong foreign policy of America as well.

12:24 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.