Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Friday, April 08, 2005  
Catching Up Your Shows

While I don't have time to watch too much TV, I do try to keep up on a few shows. My current list is Battlestar Galactica (my current favorite), Alias, 24 (I'm about 7 shows back now), Stargate: Atlantis (so-so show, but hey, it's sci-fi!), and Enterprise (only a few more shows until the series ends). My fiance and I hare fortunate enough to have a TiVo to record the shows when we can't set our schedules to the TV Guide's grid, but what about the rest of you?

Enter Television Without Pity, a website that gives reader-written recaps to most shows on TV. When my fiance pointed it out to me, I was suspicious: I've seen this type of site before, and all the networks have their own recaps available anyway. After reading some of the recaps, though, I'm impressed by it's tongue-in-cheek, snarky attitude. Here's a sample from the last episode of Battlestar Galactica (also the last show of the season). The excerpt isn't anything crushing to those that haven't seen it yet:

We get a shot of the other people in her office here, and the thing I like is, she's bluffing. Well, first I thought, "Hey, where are those people with the silly names?" and then I realized that they weren't there because she's a big lying liar. The people in the cabin, for the record, are the High Priestess of Vague Mysticism, Billy, and a couple of suited extras that are distinctly not reporters. The Prez lies even more, claiming that the reporters are recording their conversation. Adama hangs up.

Big lying liars!

11:47 AM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.