Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Monday, November 29, 2004  
Long Thanksgiving Weekend

Five days off of work and of blogging can be good for the soul. It can also make it difficult to get back into the rhythm of work and blogging. It's late, so I won't ramble on for too long tonight.

I had not one, but two Thanksgiving dinners. On Thursday afternoon, we went to my fiance's cousin's house in Vancouver, Washington, and had a good dinner complete with football on the television. I didn't know hardly anyone, but it was good nevertheless. She only sees this part of her family once every two years. I know how that feels, and I envy her a bit that she only has to drive to Vancouver, whilst I need to fly to the east coast. The next day we piled into the car and went to White Salmon, Washington, the town I grew up in, and had second dinner (not to hobbits) with her more immediate family. It was much more intimate and enjoyable, especially since I actually know them.

I purchased lights on Saturday from Target, and put them up on Sunday. It's a nice, understated white and blue affair, with the small bulbs. After they were up, I noticed that it would look much better with twice the lights going different directions. Perhaps I'll take a picture later on in the week and post it -- depends if I can find something still to put my camera on (need a tripod for it). Anyway, the new lights will be next year. This is the first year since I moved in that I put lights up on my home, and I think it will be nice to piece together a vision over the next few years, adding things as I go. So, I'll settle, for now.

9:59 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.