Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Tuesday, November 02, 2004  
Goodnight America

I do have a job I need to wake up for, and I'm a couple gin and tonics down. Please forgive any grammatical mistakes.

After flipping to several news channels and reading news web sites, I'm convinced that President has won a second term. This is regardless of litigation attempts, waiting for Ohio's provisional ballots, or any absentee ballots. It's over, and I'm happy. The rest of the fight is just static. John Kerry knows he's lost, but he believes he owes it to his supporters to "fight for every vote". I'd like to believe that means that he just wants to wait until everything is counted, even if it's nearly impossible that he would come out on top. Even though I believe that it would be better for America if he gave the election a clean ending, I guess I can respect that. Again, I just hope his army of lawyers don't start filing tons of lawsuits tomorrow. That's not how democracy is supposed to work, and won't help the Democratic party in the long run.

That said, I congratulate the President on his re-election. I hope that the fact that he's won the popular vote -- unlike in 2000 -- will quiet some of the people that have refused to recognize G.W. Bush's legitimatcy. I hope that this great nation will come to something resembling a consensus about how we should fight the War on Terror. I hope that we can give a more united face to the world, certain that we fight the good fight, and that our civilization will stand and prosper during these difficult times.

Goodnight, America.

11:53 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.