Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Wednesday, November 03, 2004  
Bill Whittle Convinces Me Again

Granted, I read it a day late. Granted, it wouldn't have made any difference, since I was already sold. Still, he made me feel better about my vote for the President than all the pundits and bloggers I've read for weeks with his post on Halloween about yesterday's election. I won't ruin the ending, but this paragraph hits it perfectly:

I want to finish this fight, now. I don't think our children should have to worry about this five or ten or twenty years from now, when Iran or North Korea has had a chance to spread some nuclear largesse around. I believe a badly wounded enemy is more dangerous than a dead one. I want this fight to be over so that the country can afford to elect someone who panders to everyone and speaks French and can undo all this animosity from Europe with a few well-placed toasts and a conciliatory speech at the UN. The time for that is when this thing is over.

Yep, I'm with you, Bill. I had many problems with John Kerry as president, and I have my problems with George W. Bush as president. All that doesn't matter to me in this election. Only fighting to win, securing our future as a free society, and remaining single-minded about these things matter. That's really it, for me, and I can't tell you how relieved I am that Dubya gets another four years.

1:39 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.