Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Wednesday, October 13, 2004  
They're Finally Over

The third debate is in the bag, and it's about time. I've watched most of the first, listened to about half of the second on the radio, and with this one, I caught maybe 3 minutes of it, and I wasn't paying attention.

I was out having a couple beers with a friend that I used to work with catching up and talking about life in general. We were at this brew pub in SE Portland, which is located conveniently on my bus route to my car. I walked in to the place, and they had the debates over the stereo speakers. I ordered a beer, looked around, and didn't see my friend. Hmm, must be outside. Sure enough, he was out there. While the debates were being played outside as well, they were too low of volume to catch over conversation, wind, and traffic.

You know what? It's completely OK with me that I missed the last debate. As Michael Totten said tonight, it's not for me. I'm a single issue voter in this election (the misnamed War on Terror) and I pretty much could write their script for them -- each of them. Neither of them have speaking styles that appeal to me. Unless one of them come out with something radically different than they've said before, nothing will change my vote. At this late stage, I really don't see that happening, especially with the polls tracking so close.

So, I'm glad it's over. Now the count down: 20 days to go, and we'll know (barring the expected legal proceedings) who will be our leader for the next four years. It can't pass fast enough.

9:58 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.