Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Monday, September 20, 2004  
A Weekend at the Movies

This was a weekend off of productivity for me, for the most part. Instead, we just watched a bunch of movies. I belong to Netflix, which makes it pretty easy to almost always have a movie on hand to watch at any given time that you actually want to see. The DVD's come in the mail, and you send them back the same way. Simple and fun, and fairly cheap -- twenty bucks a month. The main downside, from where I sit, is that you feel the necessity of getting your money's worth. So, this month (especially with my at-home vacation) I took advantage.

This weekend I watched Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow at the theater, and Radio, Starsky & Hutch, and Secondhand Lions at home. What was the best of the bunch? Surprisingly, it was Secondhand Lions. Great movie; one I highly recommend for anyone over the age of 10. It didn't do well at the box office, and the critics weren't overly impressed, but I thought that it was a fantastic yarn about living your life and being a man.

1:51 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.