Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Friday, August 13, 2004  
What Would It Take?

Last night on the way home, I was listening to the radio, and the personality asked her audience, "If you plan to vote for Bush, what could Kerry do to make you change your vote?" I thought about this seriously. What could he do? I pretty much made up my mind that Kerry wasn't my guy near the end of the primary race, based on his record and what he said in his speeches. I've said before on this blog: I just don't trust him with our national security. I have some serious issues with President Bush as well, but with our security, I have a much higher level of faith in him.

I thought of two scenarios where I could change my opinion:

1. Victor Davis Hanson and Christopher Hitchens, under no nefarious mind control devices, came out publicly saying that John Kerry is the right man to lead us to victory over the Islamo-fascists. Or,

2. Sometime in the next few months, President Bush messes up real, real bad. Examples of this would be on the scale of pulling out of Iraq completely and putting Saddam back in power, selling nukes to Iran, or getting caught in bed with the entire French Olympic wrestling team.

That's about it, though. I guess, in this election, I'm not one of the key "undecided voters". All the better.

4:44 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.