Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Sunday, June 13, 2004  
Poor, Poor Gaddafi

This must have been quite a horrible week for President-For-Life Muammar Gaddafi. All his nightmares have come back to haunt him one last time, in the form of Ronald Reagan's state funeral. Early last week, he had this to say:

"I express my profound regrets over Reagan's death before he appeared before justice to be held to account for his ugly crime in 1986 against Libyan children."

Right, you mean your children, not just Libyan children. While I'm sure that Reagan's goal wasn't specifically to kill his kid, and I'm sure they didn't deserve to die, I'll say this: if you plot and execute terrorist attacks against innocent civilians, you should realize that you're putting the lives of all around you in danger. This should be pretty obvious, I would think. We all make choices, and Gaddafi made a choice a long time ago not to live within the bounds of human decency. For that choice, he eventually paid a terrible price. I'll shed a tear for his adopted daughter, as I did back then, but not for Gaddafi himself.

9:15 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.