Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Monday, May 24, 2004  
Troy and the Singing Sword

Friday night my girlfriend and I took in a movie, and decided upon Troy over Van Helsing. I really like grand-in-scope historical/war movies -- always have. So, I have to say that I only came away a little disappointed. It's worth watching in the theaters, and not waiting for video. I can definitely give it that endorsement.

It probably speaks volumes that my biggest complaint was the sound effects attached to moving swords. The swords made this weird noise whenever they moved them through the air, no matter how slowly, but only when they were wielded by leading actors (not extras, thank you very much -- they are issued the quiet swords only). I tried so hard to get past that, and I just couldn't. If you see it, you'll immediately know what I mean.

1:02 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.