Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Thursday, March 11, 2004  
Never Forget

I was passing my the hospital near my house tonight after dinner, and recalled that's where I went when my appendix starting hurting. I decided, then, to figure out how long ago it was. Two and a half years, to be exact, when my appendix began bothering me. September 11, 2001. I have two reminders of that date -- the death of about 3000 Americans on our soil, in the largest terrorist attack in history, and the loss of one of my organs. One doesn't have to do with the other, of course (unless you want to get into some horribly silly analogies, which I'll spare you of), but it still double-marks the date in my head. It makes doubly certain that I'll never forget, since the thought of one brings me inexorably to the next.

I also find it interesting that the bombings in Spain, which still haven't been attributed to one particular group to my satisfaction, fall on exactly 2 1/2 years after 9/11. Is that coincidence? Usually such things are, but with such an ideologically-driven group, I'm not so sure. If this was the work of Islamic, this will certainly be a wake up call for Europe. You're not safe from such people because you "play nice" in the diplomatic realm. They want to kill you. It's just that easy.

9:40 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.