Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Wednesday, January 07, 2004  
Ice Storm

The Portland area has been hit with an atypical winter storm over the past couple days, forcing me to stay at home. Yesterday, blizzard conditions at my house in Troutdale (a suburb of Portland), with snow and winds approaching 70 miles per hour, and then freezing rain last night and today. I don't know how people in the mid-Western states deal with this weather -- it would drive me insane. Perhaps I'd get used to it, though, like people do with rain and clouds here. Thankfully, I wasn't one of the 70,000 people in the Metro area deprived of power today. My laptop batteries only last about two hours, so that would be truly scary.

6:43 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.