Must Read Blogs

Andrew Sullivan
Michael J. Totten
Little Green Footballs
James Lileks
Instapundit
Classical Values
Rachel Lucas
Pejmanesque
USS Clueless
Winds of Change
Samizdata.net
Daniel W. Drezner






 
Archives

<< current












 
Scenes from the front line of life in Portland, Oregon, USA.

Email

Syndicate This Site(RDF/XML)




























Jason Holliston
 
Sunday, October 12, 2003  
Great Weekend

This was the kind of weekend I wish I had more often (and why not, really?). Friday night, my girlfriend and I tried this restaurant in Northeast Portland called Acadia, which serves Cajun cuisine. I've never been to New Orleans, but I'm willing to bet this is close to as good as you can get outside of Louisiana. I highly recommend this bistro. Next was a trip to Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast, which is always a relaxing experience. Walked the beach, ate good seafood, and watched the Red Sox lose to the Evil Empire -- the Yankees (definitely the low point of the weekend). Lastly, I just returned from the Oregon Symphony, where James DePriest was conducting a night of some of Tchaikovsky's work. Wonderful weekend, but I'm too exhausted to speak about things political -- tomorrow.

10:36 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
 

States -- World66



World -- World66



This page is powered by Blogger.